AARP TaxAide program is targeted at low and moderate income taxpayers and especially targets those over 50 years old. Call 734-482-4110, x2411 or x2421 to make an appointment.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers will be preparing taxes by appointment at both YDL-Whittaker and YDL-Michigan this year, at no cost. AARP’s TaxAide assistance program is provided by trained volunteers in partnership with the IRS. AARP's tax preparation is targeted at low and moderate income taxpayers. There is no age requirement, but this service especially targets those over 50 years old. AARP membership is not required. All interactions will be socially distanced. AARP requires masks. Call 734-482-4110, x2411 or x2421 to make an appointment or for more information.
Please note the following before you arrive for your appointment:
You can pick up information and forms (to be filled out before your appointment) at the branch where you have scheduled your appointment.
If filing jointly, both spouses must be present. Have birthdates for yourself, spouse, and dependents
Make sure you bring:
- All W-2s, 1099s, and any other records of income
- Last year's tax return
- Government Issued Photo ID and SS card for yourself and spouse
- SS card for all dependents
- Personal check for routing/account info for direct deposit of a refund
- 1095-A if you received ACA health insurance
- Any other tax documents such as any 1098s
- Dec, Jan, or Feb DTE bill if you are eligible for heating credit
- 2021 Summer/Winter Property Tax statement or proof of paid rent, landlord’s name, and address if eligible for property tax credit
- All necessary information if itemizing
- Records of all income and expenses if Self-Employed