AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers have been doing taxes at YDL-Michigan, at no cost, for over 13 years, completing the taxes of hundreds of taxpayers annually. AARP’s TaxAide assistance program is provided by trained volunteers in partnership with the IRS. AARP's tax preparation is targeted at low and moderate income taxpayers. There is no age requirement, but this service especially targets those over 50 years old. AARP membership is not required. All interactions will be socially distanced. AARP requires masks. Call 734-482-4110, x2411 or x2421 to make an AARP Tax-Aide appointment or for more information.
Please pick up a packet of information and forms to be filled out in advance of your appointment. Please note these additional tips to have a smooth filing experience.
- If filing jointly, both spouses must be present
- Have birthdates for yourself, spouse, and dependents
- All W-2s, 1099s, and any other records of income
- Photo ID and SS card for yourself and spouse
- SS card for all dependants
- Personal check for routing/account info for direct deposit of a refund
- Last year’s tax return
- 1095-A if you received ACA health insurance
- Evidence of charitable contributions up to $300 Single and $600 if Married filing Jointly
- Any other tax documents including a Letter 6419 if you received an Advanced Child Tax Credit and any 1098s
- Dec, Jan, or Feb DTE bill if you are eligible for heating credit
- 2022 Summer/Winter Property Tax statement or proof of paid rent, landlord’s name, and address if eligible for property tax credit.